Monday, December 15, 2014

FAMILY MEMBERS

FAMILY MEMBERS OR PEPEE?



Which one would you prefer most if you were a child?

Pepee ?


or the stick man's family?


Well....

Bang!
I heard you: 
You said " PEPEE"

Pepee is a wellknown cartoon character by young learners in Turkey so I chose the Family of Pepee to introduce the family members and "Who is this/he/she" phrase.

I used a popular video to warm up students :




We drew faces on our fingers and sang the song together.




After the song, we met the Pepee's family.

And drew a family tree on the notebooks.

Then, it was the tie for asking and answeing questions.

For this activity I prepared a Pepee cap for the Boys and a Hair band of Pepee's sister for the girls.

I asked the question :

"Who is this?"

Students acted as Pepee or Bebe and answered the questions.

Here is a boy with Pepee cap.

Here is a girl with Bebe's Hair band.

And;
I introduced "he" and "she" and they guessed which one for boys and and which one for girls.

  



Students were expected to make sentences using "S/He" so I prepared this words.



I split the classroom 6 groups and gave students words from each word group.

Then I asked the question: "Who is This?"

They make sentences using the papers. 

They had al ot fun and learnt the sentence structure. Also they saw the diffrence between she-he :)



PS.: You can choose a spokesperson for each group and s/he say the sentences. In this way, you can also practce the pronunciation.(this is an advice by one of my colleagues.)

You can use any well-known chracter to teach family members.







No comments:

Post a Comment