Wednesday, March 26, 2014

CLASSROOM OBJETS AND "HOW MANY?"

The subject "Classroom objects" is one of my best subjects to teach because we are in a classroom and we have many geniue materials around :)

But this isn't satisfying for me so I always support the subjects with the flascards.




And ta-ta-ta-taaaaa:
"What's this?"
We practiced it shortly .




CLASSROOM LANGUAGE
And I think the best way to teach the classroom language is TPR. 2nd or 4th graders it doesn't matter, all the students like the way. During the class while we were learning the classsroom language, They were having fun as if we were playing games :))

And we have a hand out.

It focuses on spelling  the classroom objects and recognizing the classroom language phrases :)






HOW MANY?
The most enjoyable part of the subject for the students is this part. because we played a game together. First, I prepared the cards you see in the picture.



I talked about the plural "-'s" briefly.

Now, the game is starting :))

1. Use a Tack-it adhesive and pin the cards anywhere in the classroom.



2. Group the students according to the card groups. For instance, I have five different card group so I grouped them into five :)

3. Draw 5 circle for each group and write word for cards which they will pick.

4. Give the groups only 30 seconds to pick up the cards. They have to pick the card and put it into the correct circle.




5. Choose an energetic music to make the process more exciting.

6. Check the cards and give a feedback - I use stars to motivate 2nd graders-.

Now, you have this image on the board.



Then, ask the students "how many pencils? and count the pencils together. Now, write the quantity of the pencils. Repeat this for each kind of card. 



Then, write the questions on the board and answer them with your students. It really worked in my classes. Many of my students can say the quantity without any hesitation.

I used different colors for cards to practice the colors at the same time :)

DID I DO ALL THESE THINGS IN TWO CLASSES?
Of course NOT :) I spent 3 weeks which means 6 English classes (40 min. X 6 )

P.S. : Be ready for the interruption during the game because there will be a little (?) more noise in the classroom :)

I hope it helps you.





No comments:

Post a Comment